Aichi Triennale 2010
Arts and Cities
Sat., August 21 to Sun., October 31, 2010 (72 days)
Aichi Arts Center, Nagoya City Art Museum, Choja-machi site, Nayabashi site, and other surrounding areas including Nagoya Castle, Oasis 21, Chuo Hirokoji building and Nanatsudera Kyodo Studio
The Aichi Triennale Organizing Committee, Aichi Arts Center, Nagoya City Art Museum
Akira Tatehata, Director, National Museum of Art, Osaka
- In addition to the international exhibition of contemporary art by numerous artists from all over the world, the exhibitions based on the results of a competition for young artists will be held.
- Performances in which performing arts such as dance, music, theatre are integrated with cutting-edge artistic expressions will be presented.
- Along with the latest in contemporary dance and innovative opera productions, ballet recitals and concerts will be staged in cooperation with the organizers.
- Workshops offering training in art and stage production will be conducted by participating visual and performing artists.
- In addition to a wide range of events with an exciting and festive atmosphere, performances by local art and culture groups, selected through public subscription, will be presented.