- Born 1968 in Daejeon, South Korea
- Based in Seoul, South Korea
Lim Minouk is one of Korea’s foremost artists exploring topics such as the potential of communities that transcend the framework of the nation state, or the power of latent solidarity existing between individuals. Lim attempts to bring to light communities that remain invisible within modern society, and—focusing on the common sorrow as yet shared between the peoples of the north and south, whose bodies and minds, as well as their histories, have been torn apart—has frequently expressed the possibilities of jō (情). The media and scale she works in span a diverse range across her projects: large-scale installations combining video, photography, or other visual media with elements calling attention to tactile qualities, such as fake fur or glass; theatrical works incorporating songs or performances into participatory tours; pieces accomplished through the audience’s subtle interventions; and more.
- 10th Taipei Biennale, Gestures and Archives of the Present, Genealogies of the Future, Taipei, Taiwan
- Artists-in-Berlin Program of the DAAD, Berlin, Germany
- United Paradox, PORTIKUS, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
- The Promise of If, PLATEAU Samsung Museum of Art, Seoul, South Korea
- Absolut Art Award 2015, Stockholm, Sweden