(Alejandro JODOROWSKY and Pascale MONTANDON-JODOROWSKY)
- Based in Paris, France
pascALEjandro refers to collaborations between filmmaker Alejandro Jodorowsky and artist Pascale Montandon-Jodorowsky, who are based in Paris, France. Over the course of 40 years, Jodorowsky has developed a therapy technique called “Psicomagia,” which consists of small rituals taking the form of “prescriptions” customized through a series of consultations. In exchange, Jodorowsky asked only that the counselee write in a letter to him what the problem had been, what prescription was given, and what the outcome of the situation turned out to be. As many of Jodorowsky’s prescriptions request that the counselee perform an action they had been dreading, his advice is often quite imaginative and radical. By utilizing the power of a ritual to carry out their action, the counselee is able to overcome the limitations that have been holding them back.
- pascALEjandro: Alchemical Love (solo), Blum & Poe, Los Angeles, USA
- As Above, So Below: Portals, Visions, Spirits & Mystics, Irish Museum of Modern Art, Dublin, Ireland
- pascALEjandro - L'Androgyne Alchimique (solo), Azzedine Alaïa Gallery, Paris, France
- Alejandro Jodorowsky (solo), CAPC musée d'art contemporain de Bordeaux, Bordeaux, France
- Resisting the Present: Mexico 2000/2012, The Musée d’Art moderne de la Ville de Paris, Paris, France