Article 1: Scope of application of Terms
- The Terms shall apply to all users who, in connection with the Official Account operated by the Organizing Committee and services incidental thereto (the “Services”), use the Services (referring to any act of using the Services by means of submission, posting, publication, display, provision, browsing, or direct message function)(the “Users”).
Article 2: Operation Content
- The Organizing Committee transmits a variety of information including information on “Aichi Triennale” or contemporary art from the Official Account listed in 2 below:
- Official Account
- Aichi Triennale Official Facebook Page
- Aichi Triennale Official Twitter Account
- Aichi Triennale Official Instagram Account
- Aichi Triennale Official YouTube Channel
- Artlab-Aichi Official Facebook Page * On and after April 1, 2017
- Artlab-Aichi Official Twitter Account * On and after April 1, 2017
- Aichi Triennale Official Facebook Page
- The Official Account may be terminated or deleted without advance notice.
- The Organizing Committee shall not commit to replying when Users post comments on the Official Account (referring to comments, photographs, videos, links or other contents), or when a direct message is transmitted to the Official Account.
Article 3: Matters regarding compliance for use
- Users shall not engage in any act that falls under any of the following items in connection with the use of the Website (the “Prohibited Acts”):
- (1)Acts of spoofing to third parties including the Organizing Committee;
- (2)Acts that infringe or are likely to infringe the rights and interests of the Organizing Committee, other Users or third parties;
- (3)Acts of slandering or defaming the Organizing Committee, third parties or their business or services, or of posting or transmitting information without ground;
- (4)Acts that infringe or are likely to infringe the privacy of third parties without obtaining the consent of the third parties concerned, such as the identification, disclosure or divulgence of personal information;
- (5)Election campaign activities or similar acts;
- (6)Missionary or solicitation activities in connection with a specific religion, organization or association;
- (7)Acts of profit making using the Services or similar acts (including the introduction or solicitation of Web sites);
- (8)Acts of posting or transmitting malicious computer programs or disguised files;
- (9)Acts of interfering with the use or access by other Users of the Services, in whole or in part;
- (10)Acts of posting or transmitting information of harmful, obscene, violent or discriminative content or information that suggests or induces such content;
- (11)Acts that lead to or are likely to lead to criminal acts;
- (12)Acts that interfere with the operation of the Services or that damage the trust of the Organizing Committee;
- (13)In addition to the acts in any of the foregoing items, acts that violate or are likely to violate laws, regulations or good public order or morals; or
- (14)Other acts that the Organizing Committee judges inappropriate with regard to the Services;
- If Users post comments that fall under the Prohibited Acts as set forth in any item of the preceding paragraph, the Organizing Committee may block the account of said Users or delete said posting without advance notice; provided that such deletion shall be limited to posting that the Organizing Committee is able to delete when it uses the relevant social media.
- If Users cause third parties to suffer loss or damage in connection with the use of the Services, he/she shall compensate such loss or damage suffered by or shall settle any disputes with said third parties on his/her own responsibility and expense, and he/she shall indemnify and hold harmless the Organizing Committee from and against claims raised by the third party for such loss or damage.
Article 4: Disclaimer
- The Organizing Committee shall not warrant the accuracy, completeness or lawfulness, etc. of information in connection with the contents of the Official Account, postings, comments, images or videos.
- The Organizing Committee shall not be liable for any use of the Services by Users.
- Under no circumstances shall the Organizing Committee be liable for any damages incurred by the Users arising out of discontinuance, suspension, termination, unavailability, or modification by the Organizing Committee of the Services, cancellation or loss of messages or information transmitted by the Users to the Services, deletion of the registration of the Users, loss of registered data or failure of or damage to equipment through the use of the Services, or otherwise in connection with the Services.
- The Organizing Committee shall not be liable for any trouble that occurs among Users or between Users and third parties in connection with the Services.
- In the case that there is a social media other than the Official Account that has the same name as the Official Account, the Organizing Committee shall not be liable in any event.
- The Organizing Committee shall not be liable for any spoof postings on the Official Account.
- The Organizing Committee shall not be authorized in any event to answer questions concerning websites or social media operated by the respective operating companies other than the Organizing Committee, or software or applications provided by third parties.
Article 5: Intellectual Property Rights and Privacy
- Intellectual property rights within and to the Services and posted data (text, images, illustrations, videos and sounds, etc.) (referring to copyrights, rights of patent, utility models, designs, trademarks and other intellectual property rights, and including rights to receive such intellectual property rights or to apply for the registration of the same) shall be vested entirely in the original copyright owners or the persons to whom the copyright is licensed, and the license to use the Services based on the Terms shall not mean the license to use the intellectual property rights within and to the Services and posted data.
- When they use the Services, Users shall represent and warrant to the Organizing Committee that they have valid rights, and that their use does not infringe the rights of third parties.
- If Users who own intellectual property rights to posted data post such data in connection with the use of the Services, it is deemed that the Users grants the Organizing Committee a non-exclusive license free of charge concerning the intellectual property rights in question, only in the scope necessary for the Organizing Committee to operate the Services at the time of the posting.
Article 6: Change of Terms
- The Organizing Committee may change the Terms without obtaining the consent of the Users. In this case, the Terms after the change shall take effect when the Organizing Committee posts the same on the Aichi Triennale Official Web Site, unless the Organizing Committee specifies separately otherwise.
- Users who do not agree with the revised Terms concerning the Services are requested to discontinue their use of the Services.
Article 7: Supplemental Provisions
These Terms shall come into force as of Mar 28, 2017.
Article 8: Governing Law
The Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Japan.
Article 9: Jurisdiction
Any and all disputes arising out of or in connection with the Terms shall be submitted to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Nagoya District Court, Japan, in the first instance.