- Born 1965 in Valladolid, Spain
- Based in Barcelona, Spain / Oslo, Norway
Dora García develops her practice across a wide range of formats, from media and installation to performance, theater and drawing. Her work generates performative situations requiring the participation of the spectators, pushing them to reflect on controversial issues related to institutional environments. A performer often intervenes in these environments, affecting or modifying the works according to any type of action taken or decision made by the audience. García’s projects explore the relationships between the artist, the work and the public, focusing on cultural communication processes and making visible the importance of the public’s critical participation.
- Segunda Vez (solo), Museo Nacional Centro de Arte Reina Sofía, Madrid, Spain
- dOCUMENTA (13), Kassel, Germany
- 54th Venice Biennial, Spanish Pavilion, Venice, Italy
- 16th Biennale of Sydney, Sydney, Australia
- Skulptur Projekte Münster 2007, Münster, Germany