- Born 1967 in Okinawa, Japan.
- Based in Los Angeles, USA.
After graduating high school, Kaz Oshiro moved to Los Angeles and received both his BA and MFA from California State University in 1998 and 2002, respectively. Oshiro references and expands upon artistic movements such as pop art, minimalism, and abstract expressionism, while investigating the true nature of painting and art through the lenses of various dichotomies, including sculpture/painting, abstraction/figuration, and reality/illusion. He employs trompe l’oeil techniques to faithfully reproduce cabinets, suitcases, amps, and steel beams on canvas, inviting confusion and intrigue in the viewer. Oshiro continues to actively participate in solo and group presentations all over the world. In 2014, his solo exhibition, Chasing Ghosts, was held at the Los Angeles County Museum of Art (California, USA).
- 10:00－18:00 (20:00 on Fridays)
*Last admission 30 min before closing time
- Mondays (except for public holidays)
- Venue / Access
- Aichi Prefectural Museum of Art (10F)
- 3 minutes on foot from Sakae Station on the Higashiyama Subway Line or Meijo Subway Line.
- 3 minutes on foot from Sakae-Machi Station on the Meitetsu Seto Line.